This project is read-only.

Console Extension doesn't work

Topics: General Topics
Apr 23, 2015 at 8:43 PM
I installed the Collection Commander and aif i launch the tool standalone it works just fine. Within the SCCM console when i right click on the colleciton and click on Collection Commander i get error message " the system cannot find the file specified". Not sure what system file it is looking for. Anyone had similar issues?

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
The system cannot find the file specified

Stack Trace:
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.AdminConsole.ExecutableTaskHandler.DoTask(NavigationModelNodeBase node, SccmTaskConfiguration sccmTask, PropertyDataUpdated dataUpdatedDelegate, Boolean readOnly)

Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Apr 24, 2015 at 12:03 PM
The Path of the Tool is stored in an XML File (CMCollCtr.xml) under:
Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\XmlStorage\Extensions\Actions\3785759b-db2c-414e-a540-e879497c6f97
(The Path where the CM12 Console is installed)

In Collection Commander, in the Tab Settings, you can re-register the Console Extension and it will update the path to the current Location of the CMCollCtr.exe... Remember: you have to start CMCollCtr.exe as Admin to have enough rights to update the XML File...

Regards

Roger
Marked as answer by rzander on 7/23/2015 at 1:27 AM
Apr 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM
Thanks a lot. After reregistering, it worked. Such an awesome handy tool. Thanks